The Rural Assembly is uniquely positioned to help current rural leaders find their voices and to help emerging leaders build agency. In the next two years, the Rural Assembly will strengthen relationships with rural leaders who lift up marginalized voices, especially ones working with communities of color, young people, immigrants, and women.
Our principal objectives are:
- Build the agency of rural leaders and of the Rural Assembly;
- Engage new, diverse rural leaders and communities that are on the front lines of creating community, especially leaders among communities of color, women, and youth.
- To engage young rural leaders to broaden and sustain the work of the Rural Assembly.
- To cultivate diverse rural voices and build new narratives that focus on rural emergence, empowerment, and common purpose;
- To capture and share lessons, stories, and messages with a national audience about rural participation in the life of our nation.
The Rural Assembly is a program of