The proposed budget is out, and it calls for some deep cuts to rural programs. Here are some commentaries on it from the community:
- "President's Proposed Budget Recommends Deep Cuts in Rural Programs" from the Daily Yonder
- "Moises Loza's Statement on the Trump Administration's 'Skinny' Budget" from the Housing Assistance Council
- "Trump’s proposed budget hits farmers and rural communities hard" from IATP
- "Rural voters lose in Trump’s budget plan" from Politco
- "President Trump's opening offer" (audio) from KCRW's To the Point (with Dee Davis)
If you have commentary on the budget proposal that you'd like to share, email us at karen at ruralstrategies dot org.