UPDATE: THIS HAS BEEN POSTPONED. STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES ON RESCHEDULING.
The FCC is doing the next stops on its rural tour, coming to Kansas and Missouri on June 15-18, 2015.
Below is an agenda and more information. Please share this with your communities and let's turnout to tell the FCC how important the needs of our rural communities are!
- Ottawa, KS on Monday, June 15
- Train the Trainer Workshop at the East Central Kansas Aging and Disability Resource Center. (Non-Public event): 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Meet with Ottawa Law Enforcement: 2:45pm
- Ottawa/FCC Town Hall Meeting at the City Hall: 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Parsons, KS and Pittsburg, KS on Tuesday, June 16
- Meeting with Pittsburg Local Officials (Non-public) at 10 a.m.
- Presentation at Pittsburg Public Library at Noon.
- Presentation at Parsons Senior Center at 2 p.m.
- Meet with Parsons Law Enforcement:
- Marshfield and Lebanon, MO on Wednesday, June 17
- Meet with Staff at the Webster County Social Services Department of Family Services Division: 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Meet the FCC at Webster County Library Kids Book Day: 10 a.m. – Noon.
- Town Hall in Laclede County at the Office of Emergency Management (OEM): 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Private meeting with town officials (Non-Public event): 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Waynesville, MO on Thursday, June 18
- Presentation at Waynesville / St. Robert Senior Center: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Meet with Waynesville Law Enforcement: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Waynesville City Council Meeting. 4 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
(Event schedule current as of May 21, 2015)
For more information or to schedule a meeting, contact Lyle Ishida, Chief, Consumer Affairs and Outreach Division at 202-418-8240 or Lyle.Ishida@fcc.gov.