style="margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 13px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: rgb(243, 243, 245); line-height: 1.5em; color: rgb(58, 58, 60); font-family: Georgia; letter-spacing: normal;">1:30 p.m., ET, Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Presented by the National Rural Assembly, Rural Networks, and the Rural Transportation Policy Group
A webinar on the need for flexible, innovative, and effective transportation policy for rural America and the United States. Members of the Rural Transportation Policy Group presented a position paper and asked other organizations to consider endorsing their policy statement.
Rural Transportation Campaign Resources
* Read the paper on transportation principles and policies
* See who has endorsed these transportation policies
* Endorse effective rural transportation policies. Email Tim Marema at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Learn more about joining the Rural Assembly's Rural Transportation Policy Group
* Download the PowerPoint presentation
* Transportation for America's "Principles for Improving Transportation Options in Rural and Small Town Communities"
* Transportation for America's Livability Case Studies in Rural Areas and Small Towns
* American Public Health Association Transportation and Public Health eNewsletter sign up
* A document from the North Carolina Department of Transportation on collaboration between Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs) and Rural Planning Organizations (RPO)
Kim Phinney, YouthBuild USA, Rural Assembly Steering Committee member
Kathy Moxon, Redwood Coast Rural Action
Barbara Bayes, Good News Mountaineer Garage
Cullen Brady, Sustainable Northwest and Rural Voices for Conservation Coalition
Katie Drennan, Transportation for America